Friday, June 1, 2012

Mikhail Youzhny: I’d like to star in an action film with Djokovic

World no.30 Mikhail Youzhny faces David Ferrer in the third round tomorrow. The Russian let down his guard for a few minutes to answer a few questions about who he’d like to hang out with off the court.
Who would you choose to drink a bottle of wine with?
If it was a bottle of wine ­­– I’d say Igor Andreev. If it was a bottle of vodka, I’d say Sergiy Stakhovsky (laughing). He can really hold his liquor and he’s just hilarious!

To go to the Cannes Film Festival with?
My wife!
To MC at your wedding?
Dmitri Tursunov.
To go to a football match with?
I’m a fan of CSKA Moscow, so if I was going to watch the Moscow derby against Spartak, I’d go with my coach. If it were against Dynamo Moscow, I’d go with (Igor) Andreev. It’s more fun when you’re cheering for different teams.
To write a book with?
Definitely not another tennis player! If I were going to write a book, I’d do it by myself.

To go fishing with?
With Nikolaï Davydenko. He knows how to find the good spots. I don’t know the first thing about fishing.

To play in a band with?
With the Bryan brothers (Bob and Mike). I don’t know if they know who I am, but they’re really talented.
To interview if you were a journalist?
Dmitri Tursunov. He’s funny and always has something interesting to say.
To play mixed doubles with?
With one of the many Russian players. But I couldn’t pick just one in particular.

To open a bar with?
My friend Stakhovsky. He’d polish off all the vodka but he could bring in a crowd (laughing).
To star in a film with?
If it was an action film, I’d go with Novak Djokovic.

No comments:

Post a Comment