Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tipsarevic: I’d love to do a set with Gael Monfils


Janko Tipsarevic is at the top of his game this season. Before playing France’s Jeremy Chardy in the second round, the world no.8 gives us his pick of players for some off-court activities.
Who would you choose to drink a bottle of wine with?
Michael Llodra. He plays doubles with my mate Nenad Zimonjic and he’s always saying he’s obsessed with wine. I think he’d be the right person to down a good bottle with.
To eat in your favourite restaurant?
Carolina and Benito, my press people.
To spend a night in Las Vegas with?
Kafelnikov, he’s a high roller.
To MC at your wedding?
If I had to choose someone, I’d say Gael Monfils. He’d be pretty good at that.
To go to a football match with?
Hmmm... (he thinks for a while) Rafael Nadal. He’s a fan of Real Madrid. I support Barça, so it would make for a bit of banter.  
To interview if you were a journalist?
Dmitry Tursunov. He’s different, and really interesting. It would be a change from some of the boring interviews you read.
To open a bar with?
Again, Benito and Carolina.
To go fishing with?
Rafael Nadal, he’s supposed to be an expert, isn’t he?
To play in a band with?
I’m a bit of a DJ in my spare time, so I think it could be fun to do a set with Monfils.
To play mixed doubles with?
Katarina Srebotnik. The word on the circuit is that she’s the best doubles player. With her, you’re almost sure to win.
To pick up girls with?
I’m married, so I don’t do that anymore. It’s “game over” for me! But if I wasn’t married, I think Feliciano Lopez would be a good sidekick.

No comments:

Post a Comment