Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Viktor Troicki : I dreamed of kissing Britney Spears.


Viktor Troicki has skipped training, dreamed of kissing Britney Spears and found love at the French Open. The no.28 seed, who faces Fabio Fognini in the second round, confides in rolandgarros.com.
Viktor, what was the worst excuse you ever had for missing a practice session?
I’m not a big fan of morning training sessions so I’ve become a bit of an expert fibber. The worst excuse was when I said absolutely nothing! I stayed in bed without even telling my team. My coaches were on the court, they were ready to get to work and I just played dead, I stayed in bed (laughs).
What was your craziest night on the tour?
After the Davis Cup final in Belgrade. We partied from Sunday night through to the following Wednesday. It was crazy! At the end, I was shattered.
Who did you dream of kissing when you were a teenager?
(He thinks for a long time) There were a lot of TV and film stars… I have to give a name? Well, in that case, I’m going to have to tell you the truth: Britney Spears. I admit, I’m not proud of it, but back in the day she was pretty popular.

Are you jealous of another player and why?
I’m jealous of all those who are about to overtake me in the ATP rankings. I look at them out of the corner of my eye hoping they lose their next matches (laughs).
What was the biggest lie you ever told a journalist?
I try to be as honest as possible, but sometimes I hide a few things.

The craziest spending spree you went on that you later regretted?
Well, going out with my mates, from bar to bar. At the end of the night, things get a little hazy. When I pay the bill, it can be astronomical. It can be a bit of a nasty surprise the next day.
What is your worst habit on court that you’d like to get rid of? 
Before serving, I often take six balls in my hand and rotate them to choose the right ones. It’s pretty pointless, really.
What is the most embarrassing song on your MP3 player?
A traditional Serbian song. It’s a bit like country music.

What was your most stupid nickname?
"Vicky"! I’ve never liked that nickname. I got called that when I was a kid. I thought it was way too girly. Now I get “Vik” or “Visha”. Much better, don’t you think?

The craziest thing you’ve done to attract a girl?
Four years ago, here at the French Open, I met a Serbian girl. We talked a bit, but I didn’t get her phone number. So I had to ask some mutual friends to invite her to my next match. She came, and afterwards I asked her out to dinner! We’re still together.
Who is the person that you never had the guts to talk to, either on the circuit or elsewhere?
Andre Agassi. He was my idol when I was a kid. When I started on the circuit, he was still there. Once, I was getting my ankle looked at and Andre came in. He started talking to me – he asked me how things were going and gave me some advice. I was starstruck. I didn’t know how to react. It was a bit embarrassing because I didn’t know what to say.

When have you used your star status to get special treatment?
I sometimes use it to skip the queue, especially in Serbia. I try not to do it too much, but sometimes it’s pretty useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment