Tuesday, December 27, 2011

CHARDY, LEVINE EARN AUSTRALIAN OPEN WILD CARDS; MATOSEVIC GETS BRISBANE NOD

Chardy was selected, under a reciprocal agreement between the French Tennis Federation and Tennis Australia. Two Australian players will be invited to compete at Roland Garros in May.
Levine won the United States Tennis Association play-off over Robby Ginepri 6-0, 6-2, 6-1 and will take his place at Melbourne Park for the first Grand Slam championship of the year starting on 16 January.
Meanwhile, another Australian Openwildcard winner, Marinko Matosevic, has earned a wild card into the Brisbane International starting on Sunday.
"It is obviously fantastic news to receive a Brisbane International wild card," said Matosevic.  "It means a lot after a tough year and it is a great opportunity for me.
"Last year I drew Andy Roddick, the No. 2 seed, in the draw, so I didn’t get past the first round. This year I want to win that first match and then see what happens.
"I also read on the ATPWorldTour.com, the other day, about the redevelopment that has happened up there since the floods. It is supposed to be better than ever so I am really looking forward to getting up there in January. I am so thankful to the selectors for the wild card, the Brisbane International and Tennis Australia."

No comments:

Post a Comment