Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Defeat Wawrinka, what will A. Zverev do next?


We have to remember Nadal had to face a lot of difficulties to over A. Zverev in Australia Open 2017 after 5 sets.
Now, Alexander Zverev knocked out top seed Stan Wawrinka on Tuesday at the Miami Open to advance to his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 quarter-final. The 19-year-old Zverev came back from a set down and ran away with the fourth-round contest, winning 12 of the final 15 games to claim victory 4-6, 6-2, 6-1 in one hour and 44 minutes. We cannot deny that he is young talent player. He is the rising star.
“I had to be aggressive. I felt like he was the one controlling all the points all the time, so I had to change that. It worked out well for me. Happy to be in the quarter-finals now. Hopefully I can play as great as I did today,” Zverev said.

“Both times I played him I played with very high confidence and I played very well,” Zverev said. “I think we both have one of the best backhands on tour, both of us, so that maybe helps me a little bit. He likes to use that corner a lot on the opponent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment