Thursday, March 23, 2017

Toni Nadal decides not to travel with Nadal anymore



Rafa also spoke about the decision of not being followed by his uncle Toni on the ATP Tour by next year: 'I think I can be ready to be on the Tour without Toni. It's not a revolution, he simply decided not to travel with me anymore and I respect it. I will have to find a new organization without him. I thank him much for everything, but it's not a big change. It's something new, I will have to adapt to it like i did for many things in my life. Our relationship won't change. If he took this decision, he thinks that it is the best thing for him and probably for me too (laughs).'

Obviously I am 30 and not 14, it's normal that I take my own decisions about many things. But I always listen Toni's opinion or my family. When he says that he is not taking decisions anymore, it's not in a bad way. Without Toni I wouldn't have played tennis but football. He has had a strong impact on my game, personality and education. If he asks me to come with me at the Roland Garros next year, I will be happy to be with him. Will he ever be with another player on the Tour? I don't know. You will have to see how it goes with the younger players of the academy. But it will be impossible for him to travel as much as he did with me. He has two sons who play tennis, and they do it very well.'




No comments:

Post a Comment