Monday, March 27, 2017

Federer defeats Del Potro to move into Miami Open 4th Round


Federer advanced to the fourth round at Key Biscayne on Monday, beating Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 6-4. Federer, who was facing del Potro for the first time since 2013, never lost serve and improved to 15-1 this year.
"I did my best," the 29th-seeded del Potro said. "He played well in the break-point moments and I think that was the only difference in the match."
"It was really a great, nice atmosphere," Federer said. "It was a lot of pleasure playing in nice weather, great opponent, great crowd. What else do you need?"

Federer plays again Tuesday against 14th-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut. "It's not something I'm used to, actually playing back-to-back days," Federer said. "I hope my body's going to be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment